Asbestos management team (AMT) training - 4 hour presentation
A 4 hour face-to-face training presentation has been developed with the aim of providing an understanding of the roles, responsibilities and processes in relation to asbestos management in department-owned facilities. The 3 main components of the training are:
- Policy for the management of asbestos-containing material in department-owned facilities
The policy provides an overview for the management of asbestos containing material (ACM) in department-owned facilities.
- Asbestos Management Plan for DET Facilities 23M
The asbestos management plan provides the operational context for department-owned facilities, and provides clarity regarding the roles and responsibilities in the management of ACM, and any incidents that may arise.
- Built Environment Materials Information Register (BEMIR)
An introduction to the BEMIR live (production) environment to create and close Work Area Access Permits (WAAPs), Incident Management Reporting (IMR), accessing asbestos registers, quick reference guides and action plan checklists. Access to the BEMIR sandpit (training) environment will also be allocated prior to the Asbestos Management Training session.
Training is provided on a regular basis, as required, for staff assigned as an Asbestos Management Team (AMT) member and/or responsible for the management of ACM in department-owned facilities.
The target audience for asbestos management team (AMT) training may include:
- school principals (building manager)
- deputy principals (nominated officer)
- business services managers (nominated officer)
- workplace health and safety officers where applicable
- administrative assistants and school officers
- project coordinators/managers
- person/s responsible for, or managing, facility maintenance, construction, installation and refurbishment works.
Select the AMT training package relevant to your target audience:
For further information, contact your Infrastructure Manager.
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 13 Apr 2015