Future Leaders is a leadership talent development initiative which aims to develop current school leaders who demonstrate significant potential for next-level leadership.
More than 90 aspiring first time principals, higher level principals and system leaders have been selected to participate in the first Future Leaders program, formally commencing in November 2015. The two-year program, to be delivered by the Queensland Education Leadership Institute , aims to:
- develop leadership capacity resulting in school improvement, innovation and change, and a deeper collaborative learning culture within and across schools where everyone is succeeding
- provide global perspectives and outstanding leadership capability through national and international learning opportunities and field experience
- enable successful promotion of participants into higher level leadership roles
- build system wide leadership agility through the identification and development of high potential leadership talent.
The program will provide potential future school and system leaders opportunities to:
- engage in leadership and development assessment tools
- explore the concept of high potential for leadership
- develop individual learning pathway designs to guide leadership learning
- participate in one-day symposiums
- explore real-life case studies
- participate in ongoing coaching
- be mentored by recognised leaders
- build a supportive, challenging online community
- undertake individually targeted leadership development activities, including post graduate study, and national and international experiences.
The Future Leaders initiative aims to grow the next generation of school leaders to ensure the highest quality of learning for all Queensland students. Future leaders is a key initiative of the State School Strategy 2014-2018 supporting Principal leadership and performance.
For further information, email the Queensland Education Leadership Institute or phone (07) 3007 5226.
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 28 Feb 2017 at 09:03AM