Key dates for the 2018 program
- Submissions now open
- Central Exhibition at the Gallery of Modern Art opens - 21 April 2018
- Submissions close - 5pm Sunday 29 July 2018
- Judging panels convene - early August 2018
- Regional exhibitions will occur between August - October 2018
- All Queensland state and non-state schools offering senior visual art can submit up to four students' artworks.
- To support the judging process and online gallery, three digital images are required for each submission or one screen shot for video works.
- The size of the submitted artwork must not exceed 1.8 m x 2 m x 2 m once installed.
- If the artwork has individual components, parts should not exceed 20kg.
- Each submission must be accompanied by a supporting artist statement of no longer than 100 words. The artist statement must be written by the student, be grammatically correct and approved by the teacher submitting the artwork.
- A consent form signed by a parent/guardian must accompany the submission or the artwork cannot be exhibited.
- Any work the department deems to be inappropriate for public viewing will not be accepted, and the program manager will contact the school to discuss the concerns.
- Students must have the permission of the copyright owner of any work that has been reproduced in their artwork before it will be included in exhibitions. If permission has not been obtained, the work cannot be exhibited and the program manager will contact the school to discuss the concerns.
- The Teacher Selection Panel will:
- shortlist up to 150 works from the total submissions.
- The State Selection Panel will select:
- up to 40 excellence awardees from the shortlisted works
- one student from each region (seven in total) as the regional encouragement awardees.
- Regional coordinators manage the regional exhibitions and will communicate dates, times and specific requirements for exhibitions to schools.
- Regional coordinators will provide exhibition updates through the regional exhibition page and email. Please ensure your regional coordinator has your school's correct contact details.
- Schools will be requested to deliver works to the exhibition venue and will be responsible for collecting works at the conclusion of the exhibition.
- The following certificates will be presented to students at the regional exhibitions official opening events:
Presented to students who submitted works but were not shortlisted
Presented to students whose works were shortlisted but were not selected as an excellence or regional encouragement award recipient
Regional Encouragement certificate
Presented to one student per region (seven in total) who submitted highly commendable works
Presented to up to 40 excellence awardees
The 2017 excellence award recipients will have their work featured at the Gallery of Modern Art from 21 April - 29 July 2018 as part of the 2018 Central exhibition. More information about the Central exhibition can be found on the The Queensland Art Gallery | Gallery of Modern Art (QAGAOMA) website.
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 06 Apr 2018 at 02:52PM