Terms and conditions for the Creative Generation Excellence Awards in Visual Art
In these terms and conditions 'the department' means the State of Queensland acting through the Department of Education and Training.
- Information on how to enter and participate in the Creative Generation Excellence Awards in Visual Art including all program guidelines, information books, forms and fact sheets form part of these terms and conditions of entry. Participation in the program will be considered acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The department (ABN 76 337 613 647) is the owner of the Creative Generation Excellence Awards in Visual Art program.
- Once entered, details are not transferable to any other person or organisation or school.
- Late, partially completed or submissions that do not satisfy the submission requirements or program guidelines at the time of the program entry closing may be judged as ineligible for participation in the program.
- All information submitted must be true and correct as at the time of submission.
- The decision made by the department to accept a student as eligible to proceed to the next stage of the program is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The department accepts no responsibility for inability to or failure to submit or nominate by the final date.
- The nominee grants the department the right to use personal information (including student details, photographs and/or video) in accordance with the project consent form.
- By providing material (including student details, photographs and/or video) to the entry portal the nominee warrants they either own the material or have acquired sufficient right to use the material for the purpose of the program and agree to indemnify the department against any loss or damages caused by breach of this warranty.
- Where there is more than one category or stage each category or stage may have individual eligibility criteria as well as judging criteria.
- Although every effort will be made to ensure project materials (including certificates, prizes and awards) are sent to the address stated on the submission, the department takes no responsibility for lost or misdirected items not received by students/schools.
- The department will not be responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any network or lines, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, traffic congestion on the Internet, etc. including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this program.
- If for any reason the program is unable to run as planned including causes beyond the control of the department, the department may at its sole discretion cancel, suspend or modify the program.
- The department will not be responsible for any failure by sponsors and partners to fulfil obligations.
- The program may be withdrawn at any time without notice.
- The participant agrees to indemnify the department against any loss or damages caused by a cancellation, suspension, modification or withdrawal of the program.
- These terms and conditions may be altered where necessary, and any changes will be notified on the program's website.
- The department reserves the right, at any time, to verifiy the validity of a submission, reject a submission or disqualify a submission that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 15 Apr 2015