P&C Day is held each year to celebrate the important work undertaken in our state schools by our parents and citizens associations.
In 2017, P&C Day will be held on Friday 12th May. More information is available from P&Cs Qld .
All state schools are encouraged to hold an event that acknowledges the valuable contributions that P&Cs make in assisting our schools deliver quality educational outcomes.
Suggested events or activities could include the following:
- Hold a morning tea or BBQ for members of your parents and citizens association.
- Approach a local business to sponsor a thank you morning tea and invite members of your parents and citizens' association as well as your P&Cs Qld Area team . Have the students serve food and provide the entertainment.
- Have a special school assembly where the school captains give a public vote of thanks to your parents and citizens' association.
- Invite a member of your parents and citizens' association to the school to speak to students about their role.
- Get students to write articles about the great things your parent and citizens' association does for the school community and publish it in your school newsletter or school website.
- Ask a local coffee shop to provide a discount on a cup of coffee for the day. Make up some vouchers that you can give to your parents and citizens' association members so they can claim their 'thank you' gift.
- Contact your local newspaper to let them know about your event and encourage them to write a story to promote the good work done by your parents and citizens' association.
To find out more about the work undertaken by our P&Cs and how you can get in involved, visit P&Cs Qld website .
If you have images from the day you wish to share, use #PandCDay2017 to have your celebrations included in social media feeds, and a chance to have your school featured in P&Cs Qld Parent talk magazine.
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 20 Mar 2016