2017 Showcase Awards for Excellence in Schools
Submissions for the 2017 Showcase Awards are now open.
The Showcase Awards for Excellence in Schools (Showcase Awards) are presented annually to Queensland state schools with excellent practices that significantly improve outcomes for students.
The 11 award categories are:
- Showcase Award for Excellence in the Early and Primary Years
- Showcase Award for Excellence in the Junior Secondary Years
- Showcase Award for Excellence in the Senior Years
- Showcase Award for Excellence in Inclusive Education
- Showcase Award for Excellence in Community Engagement
- Showcase Award for Excellence in Industry Partnerships
- Showcase Award for Excellence in Global Engagement
- Showcase Award for Teacher of the Year
- Jack Pizzey Award for Principal of the Year
- Showcase Award for Leadership Team of the Year
- Showcase Award for State School of the Year.
- regional award winners and commendation recipients will be announced on Thursday 22 June 2017. Regional award winners will receive a $1,200 development grant and commendation recipients a $500 development grant
- of the regional award winners 22 state finalists will be announced on Monday 31 July 2017, each receiving a further $7,500 in development grants
- 11 state award winners will be announced at the Showcase Awards Gala Dinner on Friday 27 October 2017 in Brisbane. State winners receive a further development grant of $30,000 each for group award categories, or $15,000 each for the teacher and principal award categories.
Submissions close at 5 pm on Friday 19 May 2017. Please refer to the following pages for further information:
For further information please contact the Showcase Awards program manager.
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 21 Feb 2017 at 02:30PM