Showcase Awards for Excellence in Schools
Submissions for the 2015 Showcase Awards for Excellence in Schools (Showcase Awards) have now closed.
In 2015, the Showcase Awards will continue its 15 year tradition of recognising and rewarding Queensland state schools that are significantly improving student learning outcomes through excellent teaching practice.
The Showcase Awards are acknowledged as the Queensland Government's most prestigious educational awards and give Queensland state schools the chance to share in more than $350,000 in development grants.
The program aims to:
- recognise, celebrate and reward excellent teaching practice in state schools
- foster a learning culture that supports sharing excellent practices
- create professional development opportunities and
- promote public education.
The six categories for 2015 are:
- the Network Ten Showcase Award for Excellence in the Early and Primary Years
- the Teachers Health Fund Showcase Award for Excellence in the Junior Secondary Years
- the QSuper Showcase Award for Excellence in the Senior Years
- the Village Roadshow Theme Parks Showcase Award for Excellence in Inclusive Education
- the RemServ Showcase Award for Excellence in Community Engagement
- the Queensland University of Technology Showcase Award for Excellence in Industry Partnerships.
- up to 84 highly commended and 42 regional award winners will be announced in July. Highly commended winners will each receive a $250 development grant and regional award winners a $1000 development grant
- a total of 18 state finalists will be announced on Friday 31 July, each receiving a further $7500 in development grants
- 6 state award winners, receiving $25,000 in development grants, will be announced at the Showcase Awards Gala Dinner on Friday 30 October 2015.
For further information regarding the 2015 Showcase Awards for Excellence in Schools program, please contact the program manager.
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 09 Jun 2015 at 08:42AM