2014 Showcase Awards for Excellence in Schools
Regional submissions are now open for the 2014 Showcase Awards for Excellence in Schools.
The Showcase Awards for Excellence in Schools gives Queensland state schools the chance to shine in the spotlight and the opportunity to share in more than $370,000 in development grants.
The program is designed for Queensland state schools and has seven categories that aim to:
- recognise, celebrate and reward excellent teaching practice in state schools
- foster a learning culture that supports sharing excellent practices
- create professional development opportunities and
- promote public education.
The seven categories for 2014 are:
- The Network Ten Showcase Award for Excellence in the Early and Primary Years
- The Teachers Health Fund Showcase Award for Excellence in the Junior Secondary Years
- The QSuper Showcase Award for Excellence in the Senior Years
- The Village Roadshow Theme Parks Showcase Award for Excellence in Inclusive Education
- The Queensland University of Technology Showcase Award for Excellence in Leadership
- The RemServ Showcase Award for Excellence in Innovation
- The Showcase Award for Excellence in Community or Industry Partnerships.
- Up to 97 regional awards will be announced during State Education Week (18 - 24 May 2014), each receiving $1000 in development grants
- a total of 21 state finalists will be announced on Friday 1 August, each receiving a further $5000 in development grants
- seven state awards winners, receiving $20,000 in development grants, were announced at
the Showcase Awards Gala Dinner on 17 October 2014.
Regional award submissions close at 5pm Thursday 24 April 2014. Please refer to the How to enter page for information regarding each category's criteria and the submission process.
Enter your regional award submission via the Showcase Awards submission portal .
For further information regarding the 2014 Showcase Awards for Excellence in Schools, please contact the project manager.
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 28 Feb 2014