Showcase Awards for Excellence in Schools
Submissions are now open for the 2015 Showcase Awards for Excellence in Schools.
In 2015, the Showcase Awards for Excellence in Schools (Showcase Awards) will continue its 15 year tradition of recognising and rewarding Queensland state schools that are significantly improving student learning outcomes through excellent teaching practice.
The Showcase Awards are acknowledged as the Queensland Government's most prestigious educational awards and give Queensland state schools the chance to share in more than $370,000 in development grants.
The program aims to:
- recognise, celebrate and reward excellent teaching practice in state schools
- foster a learning culture that supports sharing excellent practices
- create professional development opportunities and
- promote public education.
The six categories for 2015 are:
- the Showcase Award for Excellence in the Early and Primary Years
- the Showcase Award for Excellence in the Junior Secondary Years
- the Showcase Award for Excellence in the Senior Years
- the Showcase Award for Excellence in Inclusive Education
- the Showcase Award for Excellence in Community Engagement
- the Showcase Award for Excellence in Industry Partnerships.
- up to 84 highly commended and 42 regional award winners will be announced in July. High commended winners will each receive a $250 development grant and regional award winners a $1000 development grant
- a total of 21 state finalists will be announced on Friday 31 July, each receiving a further $7500 in development grants
- seven state award winners, receiving $25,000 in development grants, will be announced at the Showcase Awards Gala Dinner on Friday 31 October 2015.
Submissions close at 5 pm on Friday 5 June 2015. Please refer to the page How to enter for information regarding each category's criteria and the submission process.
For further information regarding the 2015 Showcase Awards for Excellence in Schools program, please contact the program manager.
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 23 Mar 2015 at 03:07PM