Congratulations to the 833 instrumental music ensembles from 400 schools who performed in the Fanfare 2014 regional festivals.
More than 22,200 state school students participated in the regional festivals which were held in 48 locations across Queensland.
Eleven ensembles have been selected to participate in the Fanfare 2014 state festival to be held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre from Wednesday 6 August to Friday 8 August.
The Fanfare 2014 state finalists are:
- Pimlico State High School Orpheus Chamber Strings - Conductor: Richard Newell
- Cairns State High School Orchestra - Conductor: Jon Christodoulides
- Varsity College Chamber Strings - Conductor: Michelle Wilson
- Benowa State High School Senior Strings - Conductor: Vincent Chingchang Kwan
- Gladstone State High School Symphonic Band - Conductor: Angie Clifton
- Kingaroy State High School Concert Band - Conductor: Matthew Phillips
- Narangba Valley State High School Symphonic Winds - Conductor: Elisha Edwards
- Banksia Beach State School Concert Band - Conductor: Martin O' Callaghan
- Brisbane State High School Symphony Orchestra - Conductor: Meg Robson
- Mansfield State High School Camerata - Conductor: Lisa Stevenson
- Brisbane State High School Symphonic Band - Conductor: Brad Ruben
At the state festival five ensembles will be selected to perform at the grand final concert on Friday 8 August in the Great Hall, Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre. The ensemble judged as the most outstanding performance will receive the Erica Brindley Memorial Trophy.
Tickets for the Fanfare 2014 Grand Final Concert can be purchased through Ticketek on telephone 132 849 or via www.ticketek.com.au.