The department relies on high quality research, to inform its education and training policy and services. Research Services plays a key role in making sure that research carried out with the department, schools and our other education and training facilities, has educational benefits, is appropriate and worthwhile, and is done in a safe and ethical way.
On this site, you'll find information about research with the department, state schools and other departmental sites. Learn about funding opportunities, how to apply to conduct research, current research projects, and how to maximise the impact of your research.
What we do
The core business of Research Services is to:
- develop a research agenda - our research plan and priorities are designed to ensure that funded research aligns with the department's strategic priorities
- review applications - we review applications for research on departmental sites including state schools
- provide support - we support school principals, regional offices and researchers during the research application process
- disseminate and promote research - we support learning across the department, evidence-based decision-making and strategic policy
- coordinate submissions on behalf of the department - including proposed Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage partnerships and applications for Education Horizon grants
- support evaluation - we support research-based evaluation of departmental programs.
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 27 Nov 2017