Applying to conduct research in education sites
Approval must be obtained before commencing research activity in the department, schools or other departmental sites.
The approval process ensures that all research conducted in schools and other departmental sites adheres to policy requirements, so that the wellbeing of students and departmental staff is protected, the integrity of learning is maintained at school sites, and research provides benefits for school communities and education in Queensland.
Steps to apply to undertake research in school and other departmental sites:
- Read the Research Guidelines to assess specific areas of concern that you may need to address in your research application, to help you prepare the required documentation to be submitted with your application and to determine where you will submit your application.
- For researchers only seeking approval to advertise their research within school newsletters or bulletin boards, complete the Research Advertisement in Schools 1.1M application form.
- For researchers seeking approval to conduct research on departmental sites, complete the online application 164K.
- Please choose "save as" once this file has opened and save a local copy to your hard drive as a precaution. Please note: You will require the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 8.0 or later) for the online application to function properly. Please see the instructions 85K for further details or if you are unsure what version of Adobe Acrobat you are currently running.
- Please note: The current processing time for Research Applications received in central office is approximately 8-12 weeks.
- Sending your application:
- electronically submit via email the online application to the appropriate approval body and
- email a hardcopy of the signature page only, to Research.STRATPOL@dete.qlgd.gov.au. It is no longer a requirement to post us a hard copy of your research application.
Approval to approach schools for research participation is conditional on researchers abiding by the departments terms and conditions 236K.
If you are seeking to conduct your research in more than one State, you may wish to participate in the National Application Form Pilot.
If you have any questions regarding the research application process, please refer to the frequently asked questions page prior to contacting Research Services.
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 19 Nov 2015 at 01:09PM