Applying to conduct research in education sites
Approval to conduct research must be obtained before commencing research activity in the department, state schools or to access other departmental data.
The approval process ensures that all research conducted in schools and other departmental sites adhere to policy requirements. Through the application process, the department is seeking your assurance that that the wellbeing of students and departmental staff is protected, the integrity of learning is maintained at school sites, and the research provides benefits for school communities and education in Queensland.
Steps to apply to undertake research in school and other departmental sites:
- Read the Research Guidelines to assess specific areas of concern that you may need to address in your research application. This will help you prepare the required documentation to be submitted with your application and determine where you will submit your application.
- For researchers only seeking approval to advertise their research within school newsletters or bulletin boards, complete the Research Advertisement in Schools 1.1M application form.
- For researchers seeking approval to conduct research in departmental sites, complete the online application 164K.
- Please select "save as" once this file has opened and save a local copy to your hard drive as a precaution. Please see the instructions 85K for further details or if you are unsure what version of Adobe Acrobat you are currently running.
- Please note: The current processing time for Research Applications received in central office is approximately 8-12 weeks.
- Sending your application:
- Submit an electronic version via email of the online application to the appropriate approval body, with a scanned copy of the signature page. It is no longer a requirement to post us a hard copy of your research application.
To receive approval to approach schools for research participation, researchers must agree to abide by the departments terms and conditions 236K.
If you are seeking to conduct your research in more than one State, you may wish to participate in the National Application Form Pilot.
For more information regarding the research application process, please refer to the frequently asked questions page prior to contacting Research Services.
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 26 Aug 2016 at 12:02PM