Early warning signs
Early intervention for students at risk of developing irregular patterns of attendance at school will help to reverse these patterns.
Early warning signs include the following:
- missing lessons during the school day
- arriving late for school or classes
- leaving school early
- many days absent either unexplained absences, through illness or family reasons
- learning difficulties
- being the victim of bullying or harassment
- difficulties moving from one school to another
- health issues experienced by the student and/or family members.
^ Top of page