Keeping a cashbook
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
The treasurer of the P&C and the treasurer of each subcommittee are the people authorised to operate a bank account. For each bank account the authorised person must keep a cashbook. This cashbook must clearly show the source and date of receipts and purpose of payments.
A sample of a cashbook is shown in Example 2 new window 87K .
How to keep a cashbook
- Enter receipts and payments promptly.
- Keep separate books or sections for receipts and payments.
- If the cashbook is not electronic, make all entries in ink.
- Do not make corrections in the cashbook by using white-out or overwriting entries. Make corrections by ruling through incorrect entries and initialling the new entries.
- For GST-registered P&Cs, insert a column to recognise the GST component of the transaction.
^ Top of page