The president’s responsibilities are listed below.
At all times
- Ensure controls for handling cash are used properly.
- Ensure records are kept up to date. (See also Records)
- Keep accountable forms secure, especially chequebooks.
- Be alert for conflicts of interest between members of the executive and
- Monitor that payments are approved for appropriate purposes.
- Ensure all accounting is open and that the atmosphere at meetings welcomes
questioning of the accounts.
- Ensure that P&C members are aware of the financial requirements of
- Ensure the treasurer presents a complete set of financial documents (including
original bank statements).
- Ensure financial documents are presented for each subcommittee account.
- Ensure all payments are approved.
- Ensure the budget is reviewed and
reasons for variances identified.
- Countersign all the treasurer's financial reports.
- Ensure annual financial statements are completed.
- Ensure consolidated financial statements are produced by combining the
financial statements for all P&C accounts (if multiple accounts exist).
- Ensure a copy of the approved audited annual financial statements are sent
to District Office.
- Review the need for subcommittees.
- If a subcommittee’s continued existence is reconfirmed, appoint office
bearers (who must be current members of the P&C) and review the account
limits set on the subcommittee’s operation.
- Review GST status.