Working at Heights
Falls from heights can cause very serious and sometimes fatal injuries.
Workplaces should identify tasks that place staff, students or others at risk of a fall from heights and;
- Determine if the task can be performed another way e.g. cleaning roof gutters with a blower/vacuum attachment that can be operated from the ground
- If heights must be accessed, the activity must have controls or systems in place to prevent falls.
The safe method of work for working at heights should include:
- A risk assessment for each activity
- Development of safe operating procedures for staff to follow
- Appropriate equipment provided and maintained
- Provision of training to staff if required
Legislation and other Links
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 06 Mar 2012 at 03:53PM