Annual membership and subscription
Who can join?
To become a Learning Place affiliate subscriber, you must:
- Represent a legal entity who can enter into contractual arrangements on behalf of either a:
- Queensland university with an education faculty, offering a pre-service program
- Queensland primary or secondary school, accredited by the Non-State School Accreditation Board.
- Meet the Requirements for affiliation (see below).
NOTE: We are unable to register individuals. You can only gain access to the Learning Place via an affiliated Queensland non-state school or university.
Requirements for affiliation
The affiliate institution needs to enter into a contractual arrangement with the Department. The Learning Place affiliate subscription agreement provides the terms and conditions for acceptable use of the Learning Place. All the subscriber's members must abide by these terms and conditions including acceptable use, copyright, and privacy within the Department of Education and Training's broader policy framework.
Further user requirements:
Minimum subscription requirements
There is a minimum requirement of 1 teacher and 15 students. Once this requirement is met additional staff and/or students can be enrolled (e.g. 3 teachers and 29 students).
University subscriber must enrol:
- all education faculty who support the pre-service program
- pre-service education students who self-nominate interest in affiliation.
Affiliation costs $27 per person (ex. GST) and is charged annually.
NOTE: Membership costs are reviewed annually and may change. Notification of any changes will be published on this website.
The affiliate period runs for the school year. For example, the 2014 affiliation period runs from 1 February 2014 to 31 January 2015.
Affiliate subscription process
- Complete the online subscription form.
- On approval, we will email your institution a legal agreement and user manual.
- On receipt of the signed legal agreement we will activate your institution's access.
- Your Learning Place Local Administrator (LPLA) will be emailed their credentials.
- The Learning Place will contact the LPLA to obtain member details and activate individual member accounts.
- The Learning Place will notify individual members of their departmental logon ID and password.
What don't affiliates have access to?
Affiliate members will not have access to:
- iConnect (web conferencing)
- Live educational programs in OneChannel
NOTE: Affiliates do have access to recordings of OneChannel live programs.
- Staff or student courses marked for Education Queensland only
- Technical support.
NOTE: Participating institutions will be responsible for providing their own technical support and connectivity requirements. Learning Place business support will be offered to one nominated staff member from the affiliated institution. This person is referred to as the Learning Place Local Administrator (LPLA) and must be included in the purchased memberships.
Contact the Learning Place if you have any further questions.
Phone: 1800 680 445 (select 5)
NOTE: The office is staffed Monday–Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (except Public Holidays).
The information contained within this web page is subject to change without notice. Please refer to the Learning Place disclaimer for further details.