Acceptable use statement
You may access and post contributions to the Learning Place website by logging in with your DET logon ID and password, subject to the Acceptable use statement, Disclaimer, Copyright statement and Privacy statement.
Before accessing the Learning Place website, please carefully read the Copyright statement, Disclaimer and Privacy statement located in the navigation menu underneath the logon web page.
website provides a comprehensive guide to copyright issues affecting Australian Schools.
||References in this Acceptable use statement to the Learning Place website include the eLearn (Blackboard), Communication, Conferencing, Communities and Online Resources sites or other sites that may be added to the Learning Place website from time to time. Users may be required to agree to additional terms and conditions before being permitted to access certain parts of the Learning Place website.|
||In addition to this Acceptable use statement, the Disclaimer, Copyright statement and Privacy statement there are other specific Education Queensland policies and standards which are relevant to your use of the Learning Place website and with which you must comply. These include:
||Department of Education and Training may modify or discontinue any information or features that form part of the Learning Place website at any time, with or without notice to you, and without liability.|
||Department of Education and Training reserves the right to end your permission to access or post contributions to the Learning Place website at any time if you do not comply with rules contained in this Acceptable use statement.|
2. Your logon ID and password
||Access to the Learning Place is via secure logon ID and password.|
In order to receive your Logon ID and password, you must ensure that all information provided by you in connection with your use of The Learning Place website is complete, current and accurate, and not misleading. You agree that the Department of Education and Training may rely on that information unless and until it receives notice from you of any change or update to the information provided by you.
The network sends an email every 30 days to prompt users to change their password. Users are given 12 days to reset their password. Outside of this period, you will not be able to reset your password. You must contact the Service Centre on 1800 680 445.
You must not disclose or distribute your DET logon ID and password to unauthorised individuals.
Users are responsible for ensuring the safety of our information and electronic systems. The following are simple rules designed to protect you from security threats that may cause virus outbreaks or theft of your identity:
These simple rules apply to your home ICT security as well as at work. To learn more see the Australian Stay Smart Online website.
- NEVER disclose your Logon ID or password, even if requested.
- NEVER lend your system access to another person, even to your manager, trusted colleague or student.
- DO NOT respond to emails requesting your personal information, Logon ID or password.
- Departmental staff will NEVER ask you to disclose this information.
||As a registered user of the Learning Place website, you must take reasonable steps to log out of the Learning Place website after each session of use, including logging off the DET network where applicable.|
||You acknowledge that contributions posted or submitted via the Learning Place website are not necessarily screened by the Department of Education and Training prior to posting or transmission and do not necessarily reflect the policies of the Queensland Government.|
||Department of Education and Training reserves the right to monitor and analyse the Learning Place website for evidence of misuse and attempted or actual security breaches. Except where content is submitted by a person acting on behalf of the Department of Education and Training, the Department of Education and Training assumes no responsibility for contributions on the Learning Place website, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate contribution and no responsibility for the conduct of the user posting or transmitting any contribution.|
||Department of Education and Training retains an absolute discretion whether to post any particular contribution to the Learning Place website and gives no undertaking that all contributions will be posted on the Learning Place website.|
||Department of Education and Training reserves the right to edit, restrict or remove any contribution posted to the Learning Place website, particularly if the contribution does not comply with this Acceptable use statement.|
||When posting your contribution to the Learning Place website, you must: |
- take reasonable steps to ensure that your contribution is relevant and appropriate to the educational objectives of the Department
- evaluate the appropriateness of any external page before establishing a link
- adhere the published linking standards of external websites when establishing a link to such websites
- not impersonate any other person or falsely claim to represent any other person, whether living or dead, real or fictitious except where the impersonation or role playing is done for educational purposes and is apparent to other Learning Place website users
- not abuse, stalk, harass, threaten or otherwise knowingly violate the legal rights of others
- not post a contribution that is misleading, deceptive, false, defamatory or libellous
- not use insulting, threatening or provocative language or language that is hateful towards a certain group of people
- not incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality, sexuality or other personal characteristic
- not transmit any message, data, image or program which is indecent, obscene or pornographic
- not use the Learning Place website to conduct any illegal activity or solicit the performance of any illegal activity
- not post to the Learning Place website any text, image, sound, video, program, hyperlink or other material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- not infringe the moral rights of the creator of any material you post to the Learning Place website and ensure that:
- where it is reasonable to do so, you identify and correctly attribute the material to the person who created it
- material is not falsely attributed
- the material is not distorted, mutilated, materially altered or otherwise dealt with such that the creator's honour or reputation would be prejudiced.
- not spam your contribution to the Learning Place website by sending multiple copies or versions of it
- not post any unsolicited advertising or promotional materials
- not post contributions to the Learning Place website that contain or link to any commercial sites in such a way as to provide implicit endorsement, a commercial advantage or ethical and political bias which is inconsistent with Government policy as set out in Information Standard 26 (IS26) - Internet
- conduct risk assessments when linking to non-Queensland Government content as set out in Information Standard 26 (IS26) - Internet
- respect the personal privacy of other persons and not include personal information about any other person (such as name, private address, email address or phone numbers) as part of any material or data you post to the Learning Place website if doing so would compromise the personal privacy of any other person
- in addition and further to the requirements in clause 4.1(q), not post any personal information or images (such as photographs) of students unless appropriate parental permission to do so has first been obtained, in accordance with Obtaining and managing student and individual consent
- not duplicate on the Learning Place website any content that is readily accessible on another website and could be made available to users of the Learning Place website by creating a link to that other website, provided that any link to another website complies with Information Standard 26 (IS26) - Internet
- not to post to the Learning Place website a link to a non-Queensland Government website if you are aware that the website:
- contains material which infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- hosts defamatory statements or material
- hosts prohibited content such as material which contains pornographic material or detailed instructions on ways to commit a crime
- forbids linking to that website.
||You understand that all contributions posted or transmitted to the Learning Place website are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such contribution originates.|
||Contributions to the Learning Place website are public and not private. The Department of Education and Training has no obligations of confidentiality in respect of contributions to the Learning Place website.|
||In accessing and posting contributions to the Learning Place website, you must: |
- not attempt to modify, adapt, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Learning Place website
- not knowingly tamper with other persons' access to the Learning Place or commit unauthorised intrusion into any part of the Learning Place website, including computers, files, accounts, networks and equipment
- not attempt to bypass the network firewall
- not knowingly use any part of the Learning Place website for which you are not authorised or devise ways to circumvent security in order to access part of the Learning Place website for which you are not authorised. This includes but is not limited to scanning networks with the intent to breach and/or evaluate security, whether or not the intrusion results in access
- not attempt to misuse the Learning Place website. This includes but is not limited to password cracking; social engineering (e.g., defrauding others into releasing their passwords); denial-of-service attacks; harmful and malicious destruction of data; injection of computer viruses; and intentional invasion of privacy.
6. Consequences of non-compliance
||Failure to comply with the rules set out under this Acceptable use statement may result in restriction or termination of your permission to access or post contributions to the Learning Place website and deletion of any material you have posted to the Learning Place website.|
7. Changes to Acceptable use statement
||We may vary this Acceptable use statement from time to time. We will notify you of these changes by publishing them on the Learning Place website; we will not separately notify you of these changes.|