Learning Place single sign-on
Protecting yourself online
The Learning Place now offers single sign-on across its systems and eSpaces. This means that once you have authenticated, you can move seamlessly from one space to another without having to logon each time. Professional communities are exempt from this change.
With this new feature it is important that you understand your obligations to ensure your security is maintained.
When operating online:
- Never disclose your logon ID or password even if requested
- Never lend your system access to another person, even to your manager or a trusted colleague
- Do not respond to emails requesting your personal information, logon ID or password
- Do not engage in activities that access, transmit or store material that brings the Department into disrepute (including the distribution of messages anonymously, use of other officers' user IDs or a false identity)
- Accept personal accountability for your individual actions in the handling of information for official purposes
- Ensure that any Department information you create, handle and store is protected from unauthorised access or amendment.
When using the Learning Place:
- Logoff the DET network when you are finished - don't just close the web browser as other people may gain access to your Learning Place account.
- Ensure students logoff the Learning Place when they are finished.