Skip links and keyboard navigation
12 months prior
- Complete research for book/CD/DVD.
- Commence writing your school's history. See the information sheet for writing
school history. Develop a timetable for completion of all writing.
- Conduct interviews with former students/staff. Incorporate appropriate material for writing history.
- Finalise gathering reminiscences and photographs for book/CD/DVD. See Section 426 of the Education (General Provisions) Act 2006 for details about
the confidentiality of personal information.
- Organise foreword for publication.
- Obtain quotes and negotiate contract with printers.
- Check if printers can claim a rebate on paper costs.
- Continue to host morning teas for former students/staff. Guests share stories with students about their
school/teaching days. Arrange interviews.
- Organise an historical display in school foyer/library/local shops.
- Progress arrangements for actual anniversary day/fete.
- Organise construction of a time capsule. Decide on retrieval date. Finalise contents and document
capsule's location. Consider marking the site with a plaque.
- Ensure final location of time capsule is noted in school administrative files for permanent retention and
one other well known place.
Administration and public relations
- Finalise/publish calendar of events for anniversary year and upload onto school website.
- Develop tentative program of events for main celebration day/fete.
- Send invitations to official guests, speakers, past staff and students with tentative program for the
anniversary day. See the writing school history information sheet for details.
- Contact your school's Account Manager, Regional Office to advise main celebration day.
- Re-advertise anniversary details in Education Views.
- Re-advertise celebrations in local/regional/state newspapers.
- Advertise the anniversary in the school newsletter regularly.
- Develop a wet weather plan.
- Book a school anniversary display kit.
- Continue fund-raising activities.
- Book equipment (eg dais, lectern, chairs) with supplier.
- Organise souvenirs for sale on anniversary day.
^ Top of page
- Last reviewed
- 11 March 2013
- Last updated
- 11 March 2013