18 months before
- Progress school history research.
- Progress request to community for photographs/memorabilia.
- Select anniversary publication format: book/CD/DVD.
- Consult publishers for cost estimates.
- Canvass the school community/local businesses for sponsorship of anniversary book/CD/DVD.
- Prepare and submit application to the Gaming Community Benefit Fund for funding of anniversary book/CD/DVD.
Administration and public relations
- Finalise date of main celebration/fete.
- Contact your school's Account Manager, Regional Office to notify forthcoming anniversary and request any minor works.
- Develop a calendar of events for the anniversary year.
- Advertise anniversary on your school's website and in local/regional newspapers.
- Advertise anniversary in the Department's monthly publication, Education Views.
- Organise morning teas for former students/principals from different eras and consider interview candidates.
- Investigate time capsules and possible contents from district schools who have buried them.
- Investigate the purchase of souvenirs by contacting other schools for their experiences and suppliers.