If your school is planning an anniversary celebration in the near future:
- check your school's opening date on the schools' opening and closing dates database
- consider holding a first meeting of interested members of your school community at least two years prior to your anniversary date.
Feedback from schools that have celebrated anniversaries suggests the importance of long term planning to:
- encourage school and community participation
- research and write the school history
- publish a book/CD
- organise advertising of your anniversary
- provide time to contact former staff and students
- organise guest speakers
- locate sponsors
- consider organising an anniversary fete
- organise an anniversary display
- make catering arrangements.
The following checklists were developed to assist schools in planning their anniversary celebrations.