To find past students, check school admission registers.
- include names of former students
- include dates of attendance; and
- include names, addresses and parent's occupations
Admission registers are usually located at:
- school itself; or
- Queensland State Archives
435 Compton Road
RUNCORN Q 4113
Ph: (07) 3131 7755
Check the availability of your school's admission register at Queensland State Archives.
- check availability of the register at Queensland State Archives
- check local historical societies; or
- contact the principal of the nearest larger State school
For researchers interested in first-day students, a list of their names may be found in the earliest school file at the State Archives. Students on this list were not always the ones who attended on the first day.
Special permission is needed to access registers covering the past 15 years due to privacy requirements.
You need the permission of both students and their legal guardians to include a list of students from these years in your anniversary book/CD.