School anniversary information sheet: school history specification
Your school's history can be written from school files located at the Queensland State Archives.
School files may include:
- first letter requesting a school
- application form
- list of prospective pupils
- inspector's report on application.
- initial acquisition of land
- land changes.
- provision of residence
- additional buildings at school
- improvements to buildings/playgrounds
- damage to buildings.
- teacher's careers
- living/travelling conditions.
If your school opened between 1850 and 1878 there will be brief inspector's reports in the Annual Reports of the Board of General Education and from 1876, Department of Public Instruction for the following years:
These reports will provide details about your school's development during those years.
More recent material related to improvements to school facilities is held by the Department of Education, Training and Employment. Further information may be available at your school.