Teachers and principals
Sources for compiling lists of teachers and principals depend on the years required:
Prior to 1974
Staff registers (1860-1973) include:
- names of staff
- dates of appointment/transfer; and
- possibly the school where the teacher transferred
Staff registers are located at Queensland State Archives (QSA).
They are identified in their catalogue as:
- Annual returns of Teachers employed in State Schools
SRS 5136: 1878-1950 (TR3741)
- Returns of Teachers employed in State Schools
SRS 5140; 1949-1975 (TR 3801)
- lists are available from the local District Office of Education Queensland. The report required is a PASM0002 report - staffing history by org.
- a staff list from 1974 to the present must be requested by the current school principal only
- school anniversary committees may not request these lists