Preschool to Prep chronology
Preschool to Prep: a brief chronology of the development and provision of early childhood education in Queensland, with an emphasis on the participation of the Queensland Government.
- The government released Education and Training Reforms for the Future: A White Paper. This document announced the department’s focus on the early years and intention to trial a preparatory year across the state that, if successful, would replace existing preschool programs.
- Work begins with Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority (formerly known as Queensland Studies Authority) on draft Queensland Early Years Guidelines for use in the Preparing for School trials.
- 39 Preparing for School trials commence at State, Catholic and Independent schools.
- 25 additional trials of Prep commence across all school sectors.
- Early Years Curriculum Guidelines published by Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority (formerly known as Queensland Studies Authority).
- Part-time Preschool ceases.
- The preparatory year commences.
- Creche and Kindergarten Association of Queensland centenary.
Logan, G & Clark, E 1984, State education in Queensland: a brief history,
Dept. of Education, Qld, Brisbane.
Department of Education and Training, 1860- Annual Report.
Fazldeen, AD 1997, Creche and Kindergarten Association of Queensland: A brief history.
Preschool Education: 25th Anniversary data compilation.