LibPOST is a subscription-based postal lending service for the provision of physical resources to band 5-7 and remote Queensland state schools. The LibPOST collection provides subscribing schools access to thousands of high quality resources to support teaching and learning and includes professional, C2C and Australian curriculum resources.
- What is the LibPOST service?
- Is my school eligible for this service?
- How much is the subscription fee?
- How do schools subscribe to LibPOST?
- How do school staff borrow physical resources?
- How do school staff return resources?
- What are the school's responsibilities?
- Need more information?
Schools subscribing to LibPOST are entitled to:
- select educational resources via the Library Services online catalogue
- collect additional resources from Library Services by arrangement (no limit)
- reply paid postage to and from the school
- assistance from Library staff in the selection of suitable resources for classroom use.
All Education Queensland band 5-7 and remote schools can subscribe to this service.
All Education Queensland staff can access Library eResource professional and curriculum collections including eBooks, online journals, virtual books and education databases.
The subscription fee is $100. Services are provided to schools on a calendar year basis (1 January - 31 December). The Library has negotiated with Australia Post to deliver a discounted postage rate for resources packages.
It is recommended that LibPOST subscribers coordinate their resource requirements at the school level.
Teachers at subscribing schools are eligible to register and borrow resources in the following ways:
- Identify, select and request resources through the online library catalogue .
- Complete the curriculum classroom request form.
Once the request is sent, our Library team will organise for the resources to be posted to the school.
Teachers can request to collect resources from Library Services as an option.
A reply paid label will be enclosed with loans for return postage. Resources can also be returned to our 24 hour external returns box located in the car park directly behind Library Services at Coorparoo.
The school will:
- accept responsibility for the use and care of all library resources whilst they are on loan to the school
- report loss or damage of resources to Library Services
- pay replacement costs, if required, for any library items damaged beyond repair or lost while on loan to the school
- pay any extra agreed C.O.D. postage costs (Note: Library Services will monitor postage costs and will let schools know if they are over their limit)
- return items on or before their due date.
If you would like to know more about the LibPOST subscription service please contact Library Services.