Getting involved with your school community
Ways that you can help support your child's learning and school community include:
- talking to your child about their day and what they are learning in class
- helping your child with homework and projects
- checking your child's bag for the school newsletter and any important forms each week
- being aware of special dates in the calendar such as testing periods, sports days and when your child's report card will be sent home
- volunteering to assist at the school canteen and with field trips
- joining your local Parents and Citizens Association
- attending school events such as assemblies, plays and career days
- attending parent-teacher interviews
- talking to the teacher about the ways your child learns best
- ensuring your child feels confident about talking to their teacher.
For more information about becoming involved with your school community, or if you have any concerns, you should contact your child's teacher or principal.
Find your state, independent (new window) or Catholic school.
^ Top of page