Year 10 to Year 12
The literacy and numeracy work students do in Years 10 to 12 will relate more to a specific context across a broad range of work and study options. It will involve, for example:
- selecting, sequencing and evaluating information to understand texts and to communicate with other people
- using particular communication skills needed to effectively participate in the workplace such as industry terms and customer service
- applying mathematics skills in new contexts such as:
- analysing data to inform decision making
- deciding whether to estimate or calculate an answer depending on the purpose
- calculating dimensions and quantities of materials in vocational tasks such as construction or hospitality.
In order to obtain a Queensland Certificate of Education, your teenager will need to meet the required Queensland Studies Authority literacy and numeracy standards outlined at the QCE literacy and numeracy requirements website.
If you have any questions or concerns about your teenager's level of literacy or numeracy you should contact their teacher.
^ Top of page