A Certificate of Transfer should be obtained if a student transfers from one Queensland state school to another.
For students moving from interstate, the Interstate Student Data Transfer Note system helps schools support the educational placements of new students.
Queensland State Schools can provide you with curriculum resource lists and a prospectus containing detailed information on school policies, courses, and enrolment procedures.
When transferring between schools:
- Consider timing - will the move coincide with the change of term?
- Involve your children in discussions and decisions about moving - this may help allay any fears or concerns they have.
- If you are moving from another state, be aware that Year 7 is the final year of primary school in Queensland until 2015 when Year 7 will move to high school.
- Discuss the forthcoming move with your current school and collect documentation outlining student achievement levels and education history - this will help with appropriate placement at the new school.
- Prepare a list of your children's particular needs - e.g. preferred subjects, sporting and other interests, transport needs, extracurricular activities.
- Consider subject choices, special education provisions, transport to and from school, traineeship programs, and cultural and sporting opportunities.
- Consider behaviour management, discipline and uniform policies, the school buildings and grounds.
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 17 Jun 2011