Access keys | Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |
Problems viewing this site
Link to Queensland Government (
Home | Site map | Contact us | for
Department of Education
Health and wellbeing >

Accident insurance cover for students

Some school activities and physical education, particularly contact sports, carry inherent risks of injury.

Parents are advised that the Department of Education and Training does not have Student Accident Insurance cover for students.

If your child is injured at school as a result of an accident or incident, all costs associated with the injury, including medical costs, are the responsibility of the child, parent or caregiver.

Some incidental medical costs may be covered by Medicare. If parents have private health insurance, some costs may also be covered through the private health insurance. Any other costs would be borne by the parents.

Student Accident Insurance is an insurance policy that pays certain benefits in certain circumstances should your child have an accident.

It is a personal decision for parents as to the types and levels of private insurance they arrange to cover their child for any accidental injury that may occur.

Parents should contact their insurer or an approved Australian insurance broker for more information about student personal accident insurance cover for their child.

^ Top of page

This page was last reviewed on 12 Apr 2011 at 03:17PM

Copyright | Disclaimer | Privacy | Right to information | Access keys | Other languagesOther languages

© The State of Queensland 2018.

Queensland Government