Kinchant Outdoor Education Centre
Where is the Kinchant Outdoor Education Centre?
Kinchant Outdoor Education Centre (KOEC) is located on 60 ha of bushland at Kinchant Dam, 40 km west of Mackay nestled in the picturesque Pioneer Valley.
A main attraction is its ability to offer safe aquatic programs year round. Clients include P-12 school students, tertiary students and teachers during the week and non-profit organisations (sporting clubs, scouts, youth groups, church groups) on weekends.
What does the Kinchant Outdoor Education Centre provide?
- Kinchant OEC specialises in providing quality outdoor programs that are educational, affordable and fun. The experienced staff of fully qualified teachers and instructors offer an extensive range of challenging 'Adventure Based Learning Experiences'.
- Each program is individually developed and tailored to reflect your school aims, resources and student learning outcomes.
- If you want your students to have more than just a recreational experience, KOEC can assist you to organise and run a program which will strengthen learning, build a community of lifelong learners and provide students with an 'education through adventure'.
Kinchant OEC Programs
- flying fox
- high and low ropes courses
- climbing wall
- team challenge courses
- outrigging raft building
- gifted and talented enrichment
- mountain biking
- dragon boats
- sit on top kayaks
- the giant swing
- environmental discovery trails
- beach volleyball
- ski tubing
- bush cooking
- fish and bait gathering
- catapult building
- special needs
- marine education
- aquatic team challenges
- training and accreditation programs delivered by Cert. 4 workplace trainers and assessors
^ Top of page