Literacy and Numeracy - Curriculum into the Classroom
To assist schools with the implementation of the new curriculum across the state.
Duration of Program
State primary and secondary schools.
Allocation of Funds
Funds will be allocated to regions based on the number of teachers with consideration to distance.
Regions then manage these budget allocations as follows:
- Funds are used to employ regional officers to work with school leaders and teachers through forums to support C2C Australian curriculum implementation.
- Some funds are paid to schools to assist with teacher replacement for teachers that share exemplar work with other schools.
South East Region
- Most funds are used to employ regionally based officers who work with schools and support schools in the unpacking, understanding, implementation and use of C2C resources and the Australian Curriculum
- Some funds are disbursed to schools to meet the costs of teacher replacement for professional development.
Darling Downs South West Region
- Funds are used to employ teachers in a Curriculum Pedagogy and Learning team that deliver curriculum and teacher professional development to schools
- No funds are distributed directly to schools.
North Coast Region
- Funding supports the salaries of Principal Education Advisors - Australian Curriculum (PEA-ACs) who work as Literacy and Numeracy experts throughout NCR schools
- The funding also supports their travel, resources for schools, regional PD and supporting TRS for schools.
Central Queensland Region
- Funds are used for the following purposes:
- Professional Development for teachers
- Teacher replacement costs for cluster collaboration
- Wages and travel for Principals Education Advisors - Australian Curriculum and Curriculum Coaches to assist schools.
North Queensland Region
- Funds are used to employ regionally based officers to provide support to schools and to cover travel and administration costs.
Far North Queensland Region
- Funds are used to employ regionally based officers to provide support to schools.
- Some funds are distributed to schools to cover teacher replacement (TRS) for teacher to attend program activities or training.
Data required will depend on the individual regional methodology.
Payment times will vary based on regional methodologies including timing of activities and professional development.
How to Apply
Schools do not need to apply for this funding. Programs are administered by regional offices who will work with relevant schools regarding participation in programs.
Should you require any further information, please contact your regional office as follows:
|Central Queensland||(07) 4842 8300|
|Darling Downs South West||(07) 4616 3771|
|Far North Queensland||(07) 4037 3822|
|Metropolitan||(07) 3028 8052|
|North Coast||(07) 3203 9000|
|North Queensland||(07) 4758 3222|
|South East||(07) 5656 6688|
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 18 Jan 2017