Literacy and Numeracy - Curriculum into the Classroom
To assist schools with the implementation of the new curriculum across the state.
Duration of program
State primary and secondary schools.
Allocation of funds
Funds will be allocated to regions based on the number of teachers with consideration to distance.
Regions then manage these budget allocations as follows:
- Funds are used to employ regional officers to work with school leaders and teachers through forums to support Curriculum into the Classroom (C2C) Australian curriculum implementation.
- Some funds are paid to schools to assist with Teacher Relief Scheme (TRS) for teachers that share exemplar work with other schools.
South East region
- Funds are used to employ Australian Curriculum Facilitators who work with schools to support the understanding and implementation of the Australian Curriculum, focussing on reading, writing and numeracy within the Australian Curriculum, C2C units and supporting resources.
- Some funds are disbursed to schools to assist with the costs of facilitating professional development, feedback and coaching.
Darling Downs South West region
- Funds are used to employ teachers in a Curriculum Pedagogy and Learning team who deliver curriculum and teacher professional development to schools.
- No funds are distributed directly to schools.
North Coast region
- Funding supports the salaries of Heads of Department - Regional Support for Principal Education Advisors - Australian Curriculum (PEA-ACs) who work as Literacy and Numeracy experts throughout North Coast Region schools.
- The funding also supports their travel, resources for schools, regional professional development and supporting TRS for schools.
Central Queensland region
- Funds are used for the following purposes:
- Professional development for teachers and regional staff.
- TRS for cluster collaboration.
- Wages and travel for Principals Education Advisors - Australian Curriculum (PEA-ACs) and Curriculum Coaches to assist schools.
North Queensland region
- Funds are used to employ regionally based officers to provide support to schools and to cover travel and administration costs.
- Funds are used to employ regional officers to work with school leaders and teachers through forums to support C2C Australian curriculum implementation.
- Some funds are paid to schools to assist with collaborative planning and teaching, and TRS to enable sharing of exemplar work across schools.
Far North Queensland region
- Funds are used to employ regionally based officers to provide support to schools.
- Some funds are distributed to schools to cover TRS for teachers to attend program activities or training.
Data required will depend on the individual regional methodology.
Payment times will vary based on regional methodologies including timing of activities and professional development.
How to apply
Schools do not need to apply for this funding. Programs are administered by regional offices who will work with relevant schools regarding participation in programs.
Should you require any further information, please contact your regional office as follows:
|Central Queensland||(07) 4842 8403|
|Darling Downs South West||(07) 4616 3771|
|Far North Queensland||(07) 4037 3854|
|Metropolitan||(07) 3028 8052|
|North Coast||(07) 3203 9000|
|North Queensland||(07) 4758 3222|
|South East||(07) 5656 6608|
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 30 Aug 2018