Rural and Remote Education Access Program (RREAP)
To assist schools to improve the educational outcomes and opportunities of students who are disadvantaged because of their geographical isolation so that their learning outcomes match those of other students.
Funding is provided to eligible state schools, including special education schools and schools of distance education, to enrich a curriculum that is appropriate to their students.
Duration of program
The model for eligibility, based on the Australian Statistical Geography Standard - Remoteness Structure, includes all 'Very Remote' and 'Remote' classified schools and any 'Outer Regional' schools that are 90km or more from a major centre (20,000 people).
Allocation of funds
An annual fixed budget of $5,429,754 is allocated to eligible schools as follows:
- Eighty percent (80%) of program funding goes directly to individual RREAP schools with the remaining 20% allocated to school clusters.
- Eligible RREAP state schools are provided with a fixed base rate and a per capita rate per enrolment allocation to fit within the fixed budget allocation. School eligibility and funding levels are determined by the school's Remoteness Area classification, with funding subject to distance and population factors.
- Schools' individual RREAP funding is paid through school appropriations each year. The decision-making for use of this payment is the responsibility of the school and the parent organisation within the school. RREAP Individual School Guidelines must be followed in allocating this funding.
- School cluster committee (SCC) funding is paid through the SCC Host School. SCCs are responsible for the allocation of this funding. Membership on this committee consists of a school principal or their representative and one school parent organisation representative from each school in the cluster. Funding must be spent according to the RREAP School Cluster Committee Guidelines
- A fixed annual budget of $120,000 for Professional Development (PD) is shared between lead cluster schools to organise PD projects for all schools in the cluster and to provide support to address particular development needs of teachers in geographically isolated areas.
|Enrolment Data||Performance Monitoring and Reporting||February|
|Remoteness Area Classifications||Australian Bureau of Statistics||Every 5-6 years|
|Semester 1||February||50% of allocation to individual and lead cluster schools|
|Semester 2||July||50% of allocation to individual and lead cluster schools|
|Professional Development funding||September||100% of allocation to lead cluster schools|
How to apply
Schools do not need to apply for this funding. Entitlements are automatically calculated and paid each year.
State Schools Division
Phone: (07) 3513 5848
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 05 Dec 2016 at 04:52PM