Curriculum Support Funding
To assist schools to implement professional development activities in support of curriculum implementation priorities as described in the 'Professional Development Agenda' each year.
Duration of Program
Schools are identified by the region to host or implement syllabus implementation professional development activities.
Allocation of Funds
Funding equivalent to an Average AO7 salary and wages including on-costs is allocated to each Region.
Regions then manage these funds as follows:
- Funds are used to employ administrative staff to support the work of our regional Principal education advisors - Australian Curriculum (PEA-ACs) and gifted education officers and Lead Coaches
- Support includes venue bookings and organisation of PD events, photocopying, and resource development
- It also funds Professional Development to ensure PEA-ACs are developed to meet their differentiated needs.
Darling Downs South West Region
- Funds are used to employ an officer within the region to provide assistance and training for schools. Funds are not distributed directly to schools.
North Coast Region
- Funds are used to:
- employ a Regional Manager for Curriculum Support
- deliver pilot programs to enhance student success
- attend professional development
- Some funds may be distributed to schools depending on program requirements.
Central Queensland Region
- Funds are used to employ a Regional State Schools Team Manager overseeing organisational transformation support to schools. Funds are not distributed directly to schools.
North Queensland Region
- Funds are used to employ an officer within the region to provide assistance and training for schools. Funds are usually not distributed directly to schools.
Far North Queensland Region
- Funds are used to employ an officer within the region to provide assistance and training for schools. Funds are not generally distributed directly to schools but depending training provided, teacher relief may be funded.
Data required for the determination of payments will depend on the individual regional allocation methodology.
Payment to schools will depend on the individual regional allocation methodology.
Where schools are funded to deliver programs of professional development and these are subsequently cancelled or not delivered, funds may be recouped from schools.
How to Apply
Access to funding under this program will depend on the specific regional funding allocation models. Please contact your local regional office for further information.
Should you require any further information, please contact your regional office as follows:
|Central Queensland||(07) 4842 8300|
|Darling Downs South West||(07) 4616 3771|
|Far North Queensland||(07) 4037 3822|
|Metropolitan||(07) 3028 8052|
|North Coast||(07) 3203 9000|
|North Queensland||(07) 4758 3222|
|South East||(07) 5656 6688|
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 18 Jan 2017