Tuckshop Award winners
Each year the Queensland Association of School Tuckshops (QAST) presents a suite of awards to celebrate and acknowledge the success achieved by tuckshop convenors, volunteers, parent organisation representatives and members of the school community in providing nutritious foods and drinks across the school setting and supporting the implementation of Smart Choices.
Tuckshop Superstars 2015 34K
Tuckshop Superstars 2014 29K
Tuckshop Superstars 2013 26K
Tuckshop Superstars 2012 26K
Tuckshop Superstars 2011 3.0M
NAQ Nutrition's Food Smart Schools Program has produced two videos showcasing how Smart Choices has been used as a foundation for promoting healthy eating and active lifestyle messages across the whole school environment.
Tuckshop and Canteen Makeover Grants - What did schools do with grant funding of $1,000?
2014 Smart Choices success stories 1.0M
- Assisi Catholic College - eliminated all pre-packaged products and more cooking on site
- Boulia State School - encourages students to choose dairy based drinks over sugar sweetened drinks
- Forest Hill State School - breakfast club and 'munch and crunch brain break'
- Kelvin Grove State College - improved salad bar
- Halifax State School - new ordering system, taste test samples and more GREEN
- Home Hill State High School - improved food preparation processes, reported increased profits
- Our Lady of Lourdes Primary School - parent survey, established a Smart Choices committee, more GREEN and fewer pre-packaged products
2013 Smart Choices success stories 1.0M
- Blackall Range Independent School - new equipment, school garden and more GREEN
- Caboolture Montessori School - new equipment, social media and more GREEN
- Coolnwynpin State School - new equipment, tuckshop facelift and more GREEN
- Hillcrest Christian College - improvements to food storage, advertising and increased GREEN sales
- Murphy's Creek State School - community breakfast and educational workshops
- Murrumba State Secondary College - community survey to inform new GREEN menu items
- Theodore State School - menu review, food safety and new GREEN menu items
- Upper Coomera State College - colour coded menu and a vegetable and herb garden
St Francis Xavier School Cairns - Frannies Health Hut 29K
A convenor perspective, 'tuckshop is not just a once a week treat anymore'
Boondall State School - Friday fresh menu 1.0M
How Boondall State School has introduced Greener menu items to their tuckshop.
Newmarket State School sports day 211K
Newmarket State School makes Smart Choices for Sports Day.
Payne Road tuckshop 1.1M
See why Payne Road tuckshop was awarded Tuckshop of the Year 2010.
Saibai success 127K
Saibai Island State School Tuckshop Procedure Documentation and Success.
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 20 Nov 2015 at 03:04PM