Parent and community engagement for schools
5 elements of the parent and community engagement framework
Tools and resources
- Parent and community engagement actionable playbook (PDF, 478KB) - guides evidence-informed improvement in effective parent and community engagement strategies.
- School Opinion Survey - Parent/Caregiver School Report may be useful for determining what parent and community engagement strategies work well and help to identify areas of improvement.
- Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership - Engaging parents/carers
- AITSL - Resources to support parent engagement (Accomplished teachers)
- ARACY 2017 Parent Engagement Conference highlights reel
- Pimlico State High School case study - increasing attendance and engagement of students by improving communication between the school and parents.
- Richlands East State School
- School Improvement Unit Annual Report 2016 - the report analyses the 366 Queensland state school reviews conducted in 2016 and includes some case studies for schools using parent and/or community engagement for school improvement.
Looking for more ideas?
The following links show what's happening in parent/family engagement in other states and countries:
Do you have a good PACE idea?
Share your school's effective parent and/or community engagement ideas by emailing email@example.com.