In these terms and conditions 'the department' means the State of Queensland acting through the Department of Education, Training and Employment.
1. Information on how to enter and participate in the Premier's Reading Challenge including all program guidelines, information books, forms and fact sheets forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Participation in the program will be considered acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The department (ABN 76 337 613 647) is the owner of the Premier's Reading Challenge program.
3. Once entered, details are not transferable to any other person or organisation or school.
4. Late, partially completed or registrations that do not satisfy the registration requirements or program guidelines at the time of the program entry closing may be judged as ineligible for participation in the program.
5. All information submitted must be true and correct as at the time of registration.
6. The decision made by the department to accept a student or school as eligible to proceed to the next stage of the program is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The department accepts no responsibility for inability to or failure to register by the final date.
8. The nominee grants the department the right to use personal information (including student details, photographs and/or video) in accordance with the Project Consent Form.
9. By providing material (including student details, photographs and/or video) to the entry portal the nominee warrants they either own the material or have acquired sufficient right to use the material for the purpose of the program and agree to indemnify the department against any loss or damages caused by breach of this warranty.
10. Where an entrant is a part of a group, the person completing the registration must be an authorised representative of the group and all organisations/schools affiliated with each person.
11. Where there is more than one category or stage each category or stage may have individual eligibility criteria as well as judging criteria.
12. Although every effort will be made to ensure project materials (including certificates, prizes and awards) are sent to the address stated on the registration, the department takes no responsibility for lost or misdirected items not received by students/schools.
13. Any prizes that form part of the program will be awarded to the first valid entries selected at random by the department. The draw will be final. The prizes are not redeemable for cash and are non-transferable. No correspondence will be entered into.
14. The department will not be responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any network or lines, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, traffic congestion on the Internet, etc. including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this program.
15. The department will not be responsible for any failure by sponsors and partners to fulfil their contractual obligations made between the department and the sponsor.
16. If for any reason the program is unable to run as planned including causes beyond the control of the department, the department may at its sole discretion cancel, suspend or modify the program.
17. The program may be withdrawn at any time without notice.
18. The participant agrees to indemnify the department against any loss or damages caused by a cancellation, suspension, modification or withdrawal of the program.
19. These terms and conditions may be altered where necessary, and any changes will be notified on the program's website.
20. The department reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of a registration, reject a registration or disqualify a registration that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
This page was last reviewed on 20 Apr 2015 at 09:00AM