OneChannel is a learner-focused educational service for all departmental staff and state school students, providing access to just-in-time learning and professional development when and where it is practical, which is particularly beneficial to those in geographically isolated locations. Programs are delivered by corporate staff, regional advisory staff, curriculum leaders, teachers and guest experts.
Live programs are delivered remotely via the Learning Place's web conferencing tool, iConnect. These interactive sessions allow participants to actively participate with the presenter and other participants through: live chat, interactive screen and application sharing, break-out rooms, polls, document sharing, quizzes, discussions, microphone and web camera. Education Queensland employees may participate in live programs by registering in the OneChannel calendar.
On-demand programs enable participants to access professional development anywhere, anytime. The recordings of live programs are captured within the web conferencing setting and allow participants to view all features of the synchronous environment, including whiteboards, chat, application sharing and video as if they were involved in the original live program. Education Queensland employees may view on-demand programs by searching the Learning Place, via the on-demand page.
Features of OneChannel
- Provides cost, time and productivity savings for facilitators and participants.
- Overcomes geographical constraints to reach a statewide audience.
- The majority of sessions qualify for professional development according to the Queensland College of Teachers requirements.
- Provides opportunities for interaction, collaboration and information sharing between facilitator and participants.
- Offers access to experts in the field as well as showcasing special locations or important events.
Phone: 07 3034 5130