eLearning Teachers of Prep Program
The eLearning Program for Teachers of Prep provides an opportunity for teachers to take part in the 2013 IBM KidSmart project, a partnership between IBM Australia and the Department of Education, Training and Employment.
The program is specifically designed to support schools in low socio-economic areas that have high proportions of students with:
- an Indigenous background
- English as a second language
Schools have been selected to participate in the 2013 IBM KidSmart project and will receive the IBM Young Explorer Learning Centre which includes:
- one IBM computer, monitor, headset and printer
- a Little Tikes workstation
- IBM Young Explorer software suite of programs.
The program seeks to support teachers to:
- make ICT visible in curriculum planning documents and classroom practice
- share expertise through local learning stories and mentoring of teachers within the region
- gain expertise in integral use of ICT in teaching and learning
- building or engaging teachers in educational leadership of ICT in prep years.
Participating teachers may access professional development that aligns with the Early Years Curriculum Guidelines through the Learning Place. Teachers are encouraged to create peer networks, increasing their confidence by sharing new ideas and information.
Need more information?
Phone: (07) 3421 6560
Fax: (07) 3421 6433