The Digital Classroom
The Digital Classroom project features information, resources and professional development opportunities to support schools in understanding, planning and developing environments and experiences for students learning in digitally-rich contexts.
Teaching and learning with ICT placemats
What is it?
A series of three Teaching and learning with ICT placemats that support schools with practical ideas and strategies for providing digitally-rich student experiences.
Developed by teachers with experience working in ICT-rich or 1-to-1 environments, the learning opportunities suggested take advantage of the tools and applications available on the Managed Operating Environment (MOE) and Learning Place.
Teachers are encouraged to print the sheet most appropriate to their context, and use it as a desk placemat.
- Teaching and learning with ICT Part 1 (PDF, 947k)
Supporting teaching and learning with the standard software on both teacher and student laptops
- Teaching and learning with ICT Part 2 (PDF, 1.0M)
Supporting teaching and learning using online tools, resources and environments
- Teaching and learning with ICT Part 3 (PDF, 1.3M)
Supporting teaching and learning in a digitally-rich learning environment
How should they be used?
The resources provide practical ideas for teachers to enhance learning through ICT, when planning experiences for students. Curriculum examples are supported with practical ideas for classroom management, including ideas for working and learning digitally, managing digital content and for developing digital citizenship.
The resources can be used by:
- Teachers - to plan digitally-rich experiences for students and for ideas for effective classroom management with ICT
- Curriculum leaders - to support colleagues with planning ideas and practical suggestions to enable digital pedagogy
- School leaders - as a reference point and resource to engage staff in conversations relating to teachers digital practice
The Teaching and learning with ICT placemats support students to demonstrate the Student ICT Expectations and provide practical classroom ideas for teachers to implement as they work towards their Digital Pedagogy Licence accreditation.
Need more information?
Phone:(07) 3421 6576
Fax:(07) 3421 6330