Additional laptops can be provided to TAFE institutes to cover new teachers, changes to job share arrangements and stolen or damaged laptops.
If your institute has an increase in teacher numbers or new job share arrangements and needs extra laptops, redistribute your surplus laptops or order extra laptops from the Computers for Teachers team.
Additional laptop for a new teacher or new teaching position
The process for requesting an additional laptop for a new teacher or new teaching position is outlined below.
- The TAFE institute's human resource (HR) staff need to liaise with the client contract manager (CCM) to confirm the new position that has been created and offer such details as position number, type, title and the name of the staff member occupying the position.
- HR staff and the CCM need to confirm the new position and staff member meet the Computers for Teacher's eligibility criteria.
- Once eligibility is confirmed, the CCM needs to check the TAFE institute's records to confirm no surplus laptop is available and to verify that an additional laptop needs to be requested for the newly created position.
- The institute's nominated representative needs to email the Computers for Teachers team to provide the new position number, type, title and name of staff member occupying the position.
- The Computers for Teachers team needs to check the Computers for Teachers TAFE Human Resource data to confirm the new position is recorded and eligible to receive a laptop.
- The Computers for Teachers team needs to email the institute's nominated representative to advise if the new position and staff member are eligible and ask the TAFE to confirm that a surplus laptop is not available for allocation to this position.
- The institute's nominated representative needs to email the Computers for Teachers team to confirm that a surplus laptop computer is not available and they would like to order an additional laptop.
- The Computers for Teachers team needs to contact the Asset Accounting Branch to transfer the additional laptop to the TAFE.
- The Computers for Teachers team will advise the TAFE of the asset shell number.
- The laptop computer will be delivered to the TAFE institute .
- The institute's nominated representative needs to ensure that a Memorandum of Understanding is provided for, and signed by, the teacher to whom the laptop computer is allocated.
- The institute's nominated representative needs to record the new laptop deployment details in their institute's Computers for Teachers laptop record management system, inclusive of Computers for Teachers number, serial number and name of the teacher who has received the laptop.
- The institute's nominated representative needs to advise the Computers for Teachers team about the name, position and position number of the teacher to whom the replacement laptop is allocated by faxing (07) 3421 6441.