The details of your TAFE institute's Computers for Teachers laptop fleet are given to the department's Asset Accounting Unit for entry into the Central Office SAP Asset Register.
This ensures they are included in the stocktake report produced and distributed to your TAFE institute each year, in line with the department's annual stocktaking program.
As outlined in the TAFE Memorandum of Understanding, you must inspect your institute's Computers for Teachers laptop fleet every year for annual stocktaking purposes.
This includes conducting a visual check of every laptop and its accessories. It's also important to speak with your teachers to ensure their laptops are functioning properly.
Annual stocktake procedure
It is a condition of the Computers for Teachers initiative that all department issued laptops and accessories are inspected each year for the annual stocktake.
When conducting a visual stocktake inspection, please observe and record if laptops and accessories are:
- clean and unmarked
- in a fully operational state
- free from physical damage such as cracks, scratches, dents or broken parts
- allocated to the correct eligible teaching staff.
To help you conduct an annual stocktake on your TAFE institute's allocation of Computers for Teachers laptops and accessories, you will be issued a spreadsheet, which you are required to update.
This spreadsheet will provide a list of all eligible teaching staff plus serial and asset numbers for each allocated laptop.
It is a requirement that you refer to this spreadsheet when conducting the visual check for annual stocktakes, rectify any anomalies that may arise and return the completed spreadsheet to the Computers for Teachers team.
Annual stocktake checklist
Please ensure the following tasks are completed each year for the annual stocktake.
- Conduct a visual check of all department laptop's and accessories, referring to the spreadsheet provided by the Computers for Teachers team.
- Review the eligible teaching staff list.
- Review the list of serial and asset numbers for your institute's laptop allocation.
- Rectify any anomalies that arise in the staff and/or serial number lists.
- Return the spreadsheet by way of email to the Computers for Teachers team by 30 April. This should:
- contain any changes to staffing allocations
- indicate the condition of your laptop fleet allocation
- state that the annual stocktake inspection has been completed.
The Computers for Teachers team will retain each institute's returned spreadsheet for audit and reporting purposes, and will update the database with any changes provided by you.