New teaching positions
With staff moving regularly within the department, new teaching positions are regularly created. Many of these will be eligible for Computers for Teachers laptops.
The department classifies a new teaching position as a position that:
- has been created for the first time at your TAFE institute
- is not replacing an existing position.
For a teaching position to be classified as 'new' and be eligible for a Computers for Teachers laptop, it must fulfil at least one of the conditions outlined above and meet the standard qualifying eligibility criteria.
Laptop allocation for new teaching positions
When a TAFE institute wishes to apply for a Computers for Teachers laptop to cover a new teaching position, the process outlined below needs to occur.
- Referring to the criteria, institute's need to determine if the new teaching position and the teacher are eligible to receive a Computers for Teachers laptop.
- Email the teacher's name and position number to the team. Please ensure the email is titled 'New Teacher/Position'.
- On receipt of your 'New Teacher/ Position' email, the Computers for Teachers team will assess the eligibility of the new teaching position and teacher who will fill the position.
- Confirmation of laptop eligibility for the new teaching position and teacher will be provided to your TAFE institute by way of email.
- Once eligibility has been confirmed, TAFE institutes need to email the Computers for Teachers team to inform if any surplus laptop is available for the new teaching position, or if a new laptop needs to be ordered.
If a new laptop needs to be ordered for allocation to the new teaching position, the Computers for Teachers team will:
- email the TAFE institute to advise of the process required to order the laptop
- order the new laptop on behalf of the TAFE
- provide the TAFE institute with laptop delivery details
- advise the TAFE institute of the estimated timeframe for delivery of the new laptop.
For further information, contact the Computers for Teachers team.