Purchasing replacement laptops
As part of the Computers for Teachers initiative TAFE institutes are required to purchase replacement Computers for Teachers laptops when:
- an allocated laptop is lost, stolen or destroyed
- an allocated laptop suffers non-warranty damage and is written-off
The process for purchasing a replacement laptop varies depending on the condition under which you need to replace the machine.
Purchasing a replacement for a stolen laptop
This process applies to buying a laptop to replace one that has been stolen.
Before purchasing a replacement for a laptop that has been stolen, your institute should first ensure the theft has been reported following the correct process.
If a Computers for Teachers laptop is stolen, the below process should occur.
- Follow the guideline for reporting a stolen and flood or fire damaged laptop.
- The Computers for Teachers team will advise the TAFE institute of the asset shell number for the new laptop.
- The TAFE will need to email confirmation of the debit, to the Computers for Teachers team for a replacement laptop.
- The replacement laptop will be delivered to your TAFE institute.
- Record the new laptop in your institute's Computers for Teachers laptop record management system.
- Distribute the laptop, adhering to the Computers for Teachers process for distributing replacement laptops.