Setting up and maintaining laptops
The job of setting up and maintaining your institute's laptop fleet is very important. It's crucial to the success of the Computers for Teachers program in your TAFE institute.
Computers for Teachers coordinators at each institute are responsible for ensuring:
- all eligible teachers use their laptops
- the laptops are working correctly.
When your institute receives Computers for Teachers laptops, follow this series of deployment procedures.
By doing so, you will distribute and allocate the laptops correctly.
- Check the delivery receipt.
- Ensure the laptops have arrived in a satisfactory state.
- For Apple laptops, complete the laptop allocation schedule that came with the computers.
- Label the laptop as a Computers for Teachers asset.
- Record the Computers for Teachers laptop as an asset in your institute's appropriate administration records.
- Each laptop must be imaged to reflect your TAFE institute's standard operating environment and subsequent applications.
- Ensure teachers read and sign the TAFE Memorandum of Understanding
- Distribute the Computers for Teachers laptops to teachers.
When you have completed the allocation checklist and received a signed TAFE Memorandum of Understanding from each eligible teacher, you are ready to distribute the laptops to eligible teaching staff.
Store the completed documents in a secure place for the purpose of regular monitoring, review and auditing.