Non-warranty: replacement laptops
Entitlement to a replacement PC laptop during non-warranty repairs is at the discretion of the TAFE Institute and should be distributed from an institutes surplus stock or hot swap loan pool.
It is essential the distribution process is followed when allocating a replacement laptop during non-warranty repairs.
Apple does not offer loan laptops during repairs to laptops not covered under warranty.
Distributing replacement laptops during non-warranty repairs
If a Computers for Teachers laptop should need to undergo off-site repairs, it may be necessary to distribute a replacement laptop from your institute's surplus loan pool.
When issuing a teacher with a replacement laptop, please ensure:
- a record of the repair unit is created; this should state that the laptop is undergoing repair and currently not in use
- the replacement laptop is re-imaged with the standard operating environment relevant to your TAFE institute
- the details of the teacher who will receive the replacement laptop are recorded
- the details of the replacement laptop are recorded; please ensure the laptop's Computers for Teachers and serial number are recorded
- the details of the repair unit and replacement laptop are emailed to the Computers for Teachers team
- a Memorandum of Understanding is signed by the teacher who receives the replacement laptop.