Join the domain process
Once a teacher has been issued with a Computer for Teachers laptop, you need to join them to the domain. Otherwise, they will not be able to connect their laptop to the department's IT network.
To join a laptop to the domain, you need to follow one of these sets of steps.
- How to join a PC laptop to the domain (PDF, 512k)
- How to join an Apple Macbook to the domain (PDF, 146k)
- How to join a Dell laptop to the domain (PDF, 496k)
- How to join an Apple MacBook Pro to the domain (PDF, 767k)
- How to join an Acer P643-M laptop to the domain (PDF, 623k)
The join-the-domain process cannot be completed through a wireless network.
All workstation names are automatically generated from the predetermined EQ Asset Number field that is unique to each laptop.
Before joining the domain, it is vital that you complete these tasks.
- Ensure your school is running the current MOE version of the School Management System (SiMS): BN 0436b-SR2 or BN438e-SR3.
- Check that all teachers' network accounts are included in members of your school's <schoolcode>GG_Mobile users group. If they are not, they will not receive the correct network policies and logon scripts.
- If your school uses Microsoft Outlook, ensure that teachers' network accounts are members of the <schoolcode>GG_Outlook Users group as well.
- Disconnect all peripheral equipment such as printers and USB devices from laptops.
- Ensure that servers and the IT network is available. If the network is not working properly or the username and/or password for the install are incorrect, the attempt to join the school network will fail.