Warranty and non-warranty issues
On this page:
All Computers for Teachers laptops come with a four-year manufacturer's warranty, which starts from the date each laptop is delivered.
The terms and conditions of this warranty varies between PC laptops and Apple MacBooks.
The PC laptop warranty covers:
- the repair or replacement of all components, including the battery* and the bag
- full replacement if a laptop needs to be repaired for a third time
- full replacement if a laptop does not work on arrival.
The Apple MacBook warranty covers:
- the repair, replacement or provision of service parts if there is a defect in materials or workmanship
- cost of shipping to and from your location if Apple determines your laptop is eligible for mail-in service
- full replacement of the laptop after it has had three major components replaced in the course of previous warranty repairs (major components include the main logic board, LCD display, hard drive and optical drives)
- full replacement of the laptop if it is identified as dead-on-arrival within 10 days of delivery.
The PC laptop warranty excludes:
- cracked LCD panels if caused by excessive force or drops
- scratched cosmetic parts
- distortion, deformation or discoloration of the cosmetic parts
- plastic parts, latches, pins or connectors that have been cracked or broken by excessive force
- damage due to improper disc or PC card insertion, installation of an incompatible card, or improper use of an optical drive
- disk drive damage caused by pressure on the disk drive cover, foreign material in the drive, or the insertion of a disk with multiple labels
- damaged or bent disk eject buttons
- fuses blown by attachment of a non-supported device
- laptop unusable because of a forgotten password
- damage caused by liquid spills
- damage caused by using an incorrect AC adapter.
The Apple MacBook warranty excludes:
- all consumable parts unless damage has occurred due to a defect in materials and/or workmanship
- recovery or replacement of data or software stored on the laptop
- the laptop carry bag (this accessory is covered by a 12-month replacement warranty).
* Battery exhaustion for HP6460b covered for 12 months. Faulty workmanship covered for three years.