Warranty repairs: the process
For PC (Lenovo, HP and Dell) laptops
Once a PC (Lenovo, HP and Dell) laptop problem has been assessed as a warranty issue, the supplier will advise if your school is eligible for onsite repairs, or if the device needs to be returned to 'base' for repairs.
The supplier will advise the date and time that the laptop will be repaired onsite, collected for a return-to-base repair , or if the school is to return the laptop to the supplier.
For PC (Lenovo, HP and Dell) laptops that require a return-to-base repair, schools must have the laptop ready for collection at the date and time advised by the PC laptop supplier.
All Dell laptops undergoing a warranty repair will be provided with a loan device when the repair laptop is collected.
For Apple MacBooks
Apple will provide on-site repairs in major population centres.
Service Centre staff will advise you if your laptop must be returned to the supplier.
If it does need to be returned to the supplier, you should:
- where possible, use the original box and packaging for shipping (Apple will organise a courier to collect the laptop)
- photocopy the shipping form and fill out the details provided by the Service Centre staff (attach this to the outside of the box)
- backup all your data as Apple does not guarantee the data on your hard disk will be intact after repairs
- make sure the laptop is packed properly and attach a list of contents to it (for example the AC adapter and extra battery).
- ensure the laptop is ready for the courier to collect at the agreed time.