Please note, we are in the process of moving documents to Service Centre Online (DETE staff only).
To locate documents:
- Go to Service Centre Online and type the name of the document (or subject matter) into the search field.
- Click search.
It's important you understand the terms and conditions for using your Computers for Teachers laptop.
Essentially, you need to adhere to the conditions detailed in the Memorandum of Understanding (PDF, 488k) which you agreed to when you first received your laptop.
- Use your laptop for professional purposes.
- Keep personal use limited.
- Use your laptop at home when necessary.
- Use your laptop in a lawful manner in accordance with ICT-PR-004: Using the Department's Corporate ICT Network and all other policies. This outlines the ethical use of equipment, technology, software and the Internet, and the protection of personal data.
- Accept responsibility for the security and care of your laptop.
- Report any accidental or non-warranty damage to your principal.
- Report faults and problems to the Service Centre.
- Report a lost or stolen laptop to your principal and the Queensland Police as soon as possible.
- divulge your account name and password to anyone
- allow others to use your laptop, including family and friends (students are entitled to use the device within school hours, using their own usernames and passwords)
- use your laptop for commercial purposes or for any other purpose that may breach the Code of Conduct.
- use your laptop in a manner that affects the performance of your laptop for teaching, learning and administrative purposes
- use your laptop in a manner that attracts additional expense to Education Queensland.
- your laptop remains the property of the department and has been allocated to you for your professional use
- any intentional, malicious act or unauthorised use of your laptop that results in damage is your financial responsibility
- to take responsibility to ensure that essential corporate data is backed up on a regular basis
- stay informed of the many professional development activities involved with Computers for Teachers
- upon transfer, resignation, retirement, change in employment status or during extended leave periods of more than one month (excluding the Christmas holiday period), you must return your laptop and all associated equipment to your principal.