Advice for MIS administrators
Did you know school staff should be in the habit of backing up their own school emails for audit purposes? The Service Centre regularly receives enquiries from school staff to retrieve emails they've accidently deleted. Charges for retrieving 'lost/missing' emails (which upon investigation, 90% of queries are the result of a 'delete' action) involve a charge of $150/hr for a minimum of 4 hours' work for retrieval.
Online survey tools
If using an online survey tool outside of what the department supports, school staff must not use their EQ email address for registration. This will almost always cause interference with the department's SPAM system, meaning you won't receive important registration emails.
Is your school's website address abbreviated?
Does your school have an abbreviated domain name (e.g. www.wellpoinss.eq.edu.au)? Use the 'Request to Create, Change or Delete a Website' e-form from the new Service Centre Online to spell it out (e.g. www.wellingtonpointss.eq.edu.au) and help prospective parents find your school website easier.
Are you a new MIS administrator at your school? Watch the guide on the basics of your new role.
Dimensions: 320 x 214
Duration: 6 minutes 19 seconds
Please click on the player to view the video
- have knowledge of the MIS administration tools in the MIS Portal
- manage internet accounts and passwords
- have an understanding of the MIS reporting facility and analyse thisinternet usage data
- support staff by ensuring Internet access is available
- support staff learning and professional development - web browsing, use of email, spam, online survey tools, website creation
- support staff in using internet based projects
- collaborate with the teacher-librarian on resource collection and development
- contribute to their school's internet usage policies and agreement forms
- can delegate most MIS Admin tasks from inside the MIS Portal to other staff to assist
- are automatically subscribed to the MIS-Admin discussion list and Enterprise Platform MIS Mailing Group (which ICTINFO emails are sent to).
- know how to better manage school's Internet connection speeds
- Generate MIS Reports (PDF, 69KB) to manage staff and internet usage.
- learn about the Web and Internet Access Service (WIAS) contribution
- understand the procedures that underpin web use at school.
How many MIS administrators can our school have?
There can only be one official MIS administrator at each school. This person is nominated with the school Principal's approval via a request form in the new Service Centre Online.
What do I need to do so that our new principal receives all principal emails?
Under the Administration tab in the current MIS Portal, go to Manage Mailing Groups, Group Members. Select 'Principal' from the drop down list and then follow the instructions to add your new principal to this mailing group. Remember to remove the previous principal's details and save the changes.
Log into the MIS
Request a change
Request a change to the MIS for your school, staff or students through the new Service Centre Online. Any school staff member can request the following items:
- request to Change MIS Identification
- request Increase in Email Quota for my School
- request Increase in Web Quota for my School
- request to Create, Change or Delete a Website
- request School Internet Bandwidth Upgrade or Cutover
- request to Nominate or Change MIS Administrator.
Provide some feedback
Suggest an improvement to the Managed Internet Service.